Have you heard of this One Word 365?

The site for it describes it the best (go figure), but to sum it all up…

Pick one word you want to concentrate on for the upcoming year.

Concentrate on it.

I have chosen a word for myself for the last two years.  The first word was Grace.  You can read all about how I did not at all want that to be my word for the year.  All year the word Grace kept coming up to me.  It was almost eerie.  And I am thankful for it.

The next year I chose the word Hope.  Unbeknownst to one of my friends that I had chosen the word Hope, she purchased me a bracelet with one word on it – Hope.

So I am a little worried about this year.

This year my word is CHANGE.

If you can imagine this, I am all scrunched faced and hunched over as I type that.

Why on earth is Change my word for 2014?

I have no idea.

Just like I had no idea why Grace was.  Or why Hope was.  But this year I just cannot shake it.  I cannot move past it.

My word is Change.

Unlike years past, I am going to join the One Word 365 group/tribe.  If you have joined too, let me know!  Let’s do this one word together!

Want to know what Sue over at Praise and Coffee’s One Word is?  You can read her’s and Mary’s here.

Change.

Well, this ought to be an interesting year.

Tagged with →
Share →

10 Responses to One Word 365

1. Becca says:

Change is an awesome word do the year! Last year, mine was BOOM. (in all caps, with pink letters ;)

I just chose 2014’s word yesterday: Bright. ;)

• life4boys says:

Seriously, Becca, you pick the best words. BOOM in pink, love it! Bright makes me smile. I love your words…and it’s so fun to see what you do with them!

2. Rebekah says:

Fasten your seatbelt! “Change” was my word last year. It came to me the same way you describe. I had an idea of what I thought would change, but was completely shocked by so many unexpected changes. I hope your change brings many good things!

• life4boys says:

One of my dearest friends and I were talking about my word choice on New Years Eve. She knows me so well and she said me choosing this word frightened her a little. Deep breath. Thank you for telling me you had chosen it too. I hope that your unexpected changes were good ones!

3. […] As stated, my word for 2014 is CHANGE. […]

4. Dani Grant says:

My word of the year is Faithfulness. It seemed like the perfect word to envelop each thing I want to work on this year.

5. Jennifer Hill says:

Are you planning a choosing a word this year? I’m waiting to hear a recap of “change”. I’ve decided on “enough” for 2015 for many different reasons. I’m excited to see what God shows me. He’s already showing me that God’s portion is ALWAYS enough.

• life4boys says:

I am.
      Change was a tough word and I am having a hard time putting it into words. But I am glad that word was chosen for me. I’ll try to post this week!